- The legal manufacturer warranty, with all the provisions for mishandling, customer error, abuse is covered below under the heading "NEW MILLENNIUM CONCEPTS, LTD.LIMITED WARRANTY".
- Basically the stainless steel upper and lower chamber are covered under manufacturing defects for 12 months. It will be replaced and shipped to you free of charge, but prior to any warranty action you must cover the shipping cost to return the defective part.
Basically, the Black BB9 filters have a pro-rated warranty much like tire and tread ware warranties.
Up to 6 months, the defective filter will be replaced and shipped to you free of charge, but prior to any warranty action you must cover the shipping cost to return the defective part.
- For BB9 filters 6-12 months, there is a 25% usage fee incurred and again you must cover return shipping costs prior to warranty action.
- For BB9 filters 13-18 months, there is a 50% usage fee incurred and again you must cover return shipping costs prior to warranty action
- Finally for BB9 filters over 18 months there is a 75% usage fee incurred and again you must cover return shipping costs prior to warranty action.
- All usage fee percentages are a percentage of the retail price of the BB9 filters offered on the New Millennium Concept LTD website Berkeywater.com at the time of the warranty claim.
- Basically, all other filters and parts, other than mentioned above, have a 6 month warranty. Prior to any warranty action you must cover the shipping cost to return the defective part.
NEW MILLENNIUM CONCEPTS, LTD.
New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. warrants their product against defects in materials or workmanship during ordinary consumer use. This limited warranty does not cover product issues caused by any other reason, for the time periods and conditions set forth below when purchased directly from New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. or from an authorized Berkey® dealer. For a period not to exceed twelve months from the original date of purchase of the product, New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. will, solely at its discretion, replace a stainless steel system or component that it deems is not functioning properly during the stated warranty period.
New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. shall not be held liable for incidental or consequential damage to personal property from, but not limited to, a defective unit, improper use, abuse, accident, or neglect, etc. It is the customer’s responsibility to prevent misuse of the system and to replace parts, when, due to the natural course of wear and tear, they must be replaced. To obtain warranty service, you must provide a dated receipt for the product and pay for any shipping charges incurred to return the product to New Millennium Concepts, Ltd.
This warranty will not apply to units which have been used for purposes not intended, which have been altered so as, in the manufacturers judgment, to adversely affect its performance. This warranty is for the original retail purchaser only, and cannot be transferred.
The laws of the state of Texas, USA will govern any disputes regarding this warranty or claim made. This warranty, which is given expressly in lieu of all warranties, expressed or implied, or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, constitutes the only warranty made by New Millennium Concepts, Ltd.
This warranty applies only to products manufactured or exclusively distributed by New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. and its authorized Berkey® dealers.
- Black Berkey® Purification Elements and Berkey Earth® DE Filter Elements
- The Black Berkey® Purification Elements and the Berkey Earth® DE Elements are covered under a two year limited prorated warranty, calculated in six month intervals.
- Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters and Berkey® Accessories
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters and all Berkey® accessories are covered under a six month warranty.
The following actions will void your warranty coverage:
- Attempting to use the Berkey Earth® DE Filter Elements or the Ceramic Super Sterasyl™ Filtration Elements in a pressurized manner. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the only Berkey® elements that require priming.
- Allowing any of the Berkey® elements to freeze.
- Using dehumidifier water with any of the Berkey® elements for daily use.
- Breaking the Berkey® elements due to dropping an assembled system or carelessness.
- Performing a red food coloring test with the Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters attached. The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters must be removed prior to performing a red food coloring test in order to stay in compliance with the six month warranty on these filters.
- Using the water from a water softening system. Note: this action may clog the Berkey® Elements or cause the stainless steel to pit or rust.